Saturday, August 27, 2005

I Don't Know What The Problem Is.

This morning I went to the park in Franklin Canyon and was walking in a field when a woman with a strong European accent yelled something to me that I couldn't understand. But because she looked like she might know, I asked her if the plant I was walking towards was a Jimson Weed.

She said, "Yes, but watch out for the snakes."

Until five days ago I had no idea what a jimson weed was or what it looked like. But when you are driving north on Route 2 into the Angeles National Park and the phrase "The Jimson Weed Gazette" jumps into your head, you start paying attention to some things and not paying attention to other things, like snakes.

So I took a few more pictures with the intention of showing them here.

For some reason, however, I can't post a single Jimson Weed picture. And I don't know what the problem is.

1 comment:

Scott Roeben said...

It would be cool if you could post a picture of you with a snake.