Sunday, January 01, 2006

At My Desk With Coffee (#5)

Happy New Year!
I came home from taking photos and turned on the television to see the famous mirror-at-the-bottom-of-the-swimming-pool shot. What a great movie with which to start the New Year.
Earlier this morning the plan was to pass out some sandwiches, cookies and, yes, cigarettes in exchange for some portraits. But everyone was, no surprise, so forlorn that I just gave them the food without asking for a shot. Then I drove to Echo Park but the party people there were already drunk (at eight fifteen in the morning). But I did get the above Walker Evans-type shot so it wasn't a wasted trip.
Howard Stern never made me laugh. Ever. On the other hand, Adam Corolla, who is taking his place here in L.A., is always funny.
Everybody knows what movie I was referring to, right?

5 comments:

AArtVark said...

Adam Corolla? Did you mean to write that?!? Surely, you jest.

Scott Roeben said...

"Sunset Boulevard"? I've never seen it, but the Internet says that's the one. Q: How do you drown a blonde?
A: Put a mirror at the bottom of the pool.

-K- said...

You've never seen "Sunset Blvd"?

Q: How do you drown an internet comedy icon?

A: I wish I knew.

(alternative answer) Put a keyboard at the bottom of the pool.

-K- said...

I tried to cheat by using http://babelfish.altavista.com/
but even in translation, I don't know what the hell they mean.

Anyway, Sunset Blvd is a tremendous movie and Scott would be a lot less bored if he watched it.

In fact, he should have a Billy Wilder film festival at his house.

-K- said...

One of my favorite Billy Wilder movies is "Ace In The Hole". Also known as "The Big carnival".

Believe it or not, it is not out on video or dvd even tho it stars Kirk Douglas. Its a very grim, very cynical movie.

Of course "Some Like It Hot" and "The Seven Year Itch" and "Stalag 17" are all fantastic.

These are all in black and white so Scott refuses to consider seeing them.